5-Act Interview Script:

• “Hi [participants name], thanks for joining us today!”
  • “Did I pronounce your name correctly?”
  • “Awesome, my name is Jesse and I work for [company name].”
  • “Today we’re trying to get an idea on how users interact with our product, this is an informal testing session and there’s no right or wrong way to navigate this test.”
  • “Before we start, tell me a bit about yourself; What you do for work?”
  • “Do you find yourself using many mobile apps in your day-to-day life?”
  • “When you use an app, what is the biggest feature you find is missing in many apps?”
  • “We’re hoping to fill the gaps on some common issues in apps today. Would you be willing to check out some prototypes I have for the app that we’re developing?”
  • “Great! Do you mind if I begin recording our time here today?”
    [Wait for confirmation]
  • “Alright, let’s get started! If you were looking for an app such as ours, what’s the first thing that catches your eye in the app store to help you decide? Is it the app logo? The title?”
  • “If the first thing someone did was to go through customization options in the settings, what do you think they would try first?”
  • “What do you think about the range of options in the settings menu?”
  • “You seem to be pretty comfortable with navigation so far, how do you feel about the fluidity of each of the menu’s?”
  • “If you wanted to get to [info] what is the first thing you would look for as an indicator?”
  • “What do you think about the [screen] layout? Is it easy to get the content you need from it?”
  • “Okay, that went really well. Thank you so much for your time today. How does this app hold up to other, similar, apps you’ve used?”
  • “What was your favorite part about this experience?”
  • “Did you notice any issues as you were navigating the app?”
  • “If you had to describe our app to a friend, how would you describe it?”
  • [Stop recording]
  • “This has been a really good test session, thanks again for your help today. Have a great week!”