Treejack Demos

Of the three tests I tried, I would use first-click testing for my app. First-click testing seems more suited to how a mobile app would respond to user navigation. The tree test seems like it would be much more optimal for website testing; particularly to optimize the sitemap. With the first-click test I would be able to gather analytics on how a user is navigating my mobile app. I would be able to give a set of questions asking the user to navigate to different areas to find information they need. If they’re navigating to the wrong places of the app then I know I need to definitely rework my app mapping or reword content to be more explicit and understandable. For example, in my mobile app idea – MyPlan(e) – if I were to ask a user to navigate to the menu screen for flight controls, and that user clicks on NavPlan or Fuel, then I know I need to be clearer about where to find the pertinent information. That being said, a first-click test could also be useful for gathering information on whether or not I need to add more features. For example, if I ask a string of more involuted questions and I see the participant skipped those questions, or just clicked randomly then I would be able to tell if I need to implement a new feature or screen to my product to make access to that information more streamlined.